Burma Times, By Ibrahim Shah
Islamic world and its non-Islamic allies have moral responsibility to focus how ethnocentric Burmese regime’s paid agent Derek Tonkin, former British Ambassador to Thailand, Vietnam and Laos, an advisor to Bagan Capital Limited and current Editor of Network Myanmar, incites against Islamic Acts
The below paragraph is the ugly and stupid comment of Derek Tonkin from Network Myanmar following the article entitled Former Bahraini MP chosen for Arakan Muslims’ Cause which was published in the DT News of Bahrain on 31st December 2015:
Written by Derek Tonkin in Network Myanmar—Bahrain itself is under close international scrutiny because of its own lamentable human rights record. The latest (2014) report on human rights by the US State Department may be viewed at this link. Discrimination in Bahrain against the majority Shia population by its Sunni rulers is a particular cause for concern, though abuses generally against opponents of the government are widespread. The execution of the Shia cleric Sheik Nimr al-Nimr on 1 January 2016 in neighbouring Saudi Arabia has already resulted in streets protects in Bahrain which the Bahraini security authorities are reported to have suppressed.
As mentioned by Derek Tonkin in the above paragraph, he attempted with his best satanic effort and all his long deceptive experience to defame the high reputation of the Bahrain and head of Islamic World Saudi Arabia as Bahrain leads its loyal citizens through Islamic Codes following the righteous leadership of the head of Islamic world, the Royal Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, which includes two divine Kingdoms—the Holy Cities—Makkatul Mukrrama and Madinatul Munawwara.
The key strategy of Derek Tonkin to stupidly write against Bahrain has a trifecta objective—to create tensions between Royal Bahrain Government and its civilized people, to ruin the Islamic brotherhood between the head of Islamic world Saudi Arabia and its non-Islamic allies, and to divert Islamic rulers for turning a blind eye on genocide issues of Muslim minorities in predominantly non-Muslim countries [i.e. in the Irrawaddy delta from Burma, Muslims were prohibited from consuming cow].
Written by Derek Tonkin in Network Myanmar —As the Kingdom of Arakan fell to Burmese forces in 1784 and has remained an integral part of Burma/Myanmar ever since, it seems unlikely that the UN Human Rights Council would have “endorsed” a body named after a Kingdom defunct over 230 years ago, though the Council might well have been informed of its establishment. We might ask whether Ms Hejres has been persuaded that the majority Buddhist Kingdom of Arakan was in fact Muslim-dominated, a narrative propounded by some Arakan Muslim ideologues who would assuredly have told her that the Rohingya presence in Arakan was “documented” from the 9th Century onwards, though the designation “Rohingya” itself was contrived and popularised as an ethnicity only in post-independence Burma.
As mentioned by Derek Tonkin in the above paragraph, he ignorantly thinks that the world leading UN Human Rights Council left behind the ages in which white people discriminated black ones and landlords imposed double standard against workers. Based on the full concrete evidences of the existence of Rohingya in occupied western Burma, Arakan, UN Human Rights Council reiteratively has been diplomatically urging Burma to restore the deprived Rohingya citizenship rights.
Furthermore, as he [Derek Tonkin] baselessly accused to honorable Bahraini MP Ms Ebtisam Abdulrahman Hejres that she was persuaded by some Arakanese Muslims, he dishonored the honourable Bahraini MP Ms Hejres. According to the high-profile qualification of the honourable Bahraini MP Ms. Hejres, it is reliable that she will never be persuaded through any misguidance.
A short clarification of the existence of the term Rohingya in occupied western Burma
- Famous European traveler Dr.Francis Buchanan (1762-1829 AD, in one of his accounts, “A Comparative Vocabulary of some of the languages spoken in the Burman Empire published in 1799” it was stated that, “ the native Mugs of Arakan called themselves ‘Yakin’, which name is also commonly given to them by the Burmese. The people of Pegu are named ‘Taling’. By the Bengal Hindus, at least by such of them as have been settled in Arakan, the country is called Rossawn. The Mahammedans who have long settled at Arakan call the country ‘Rovingaw’ and called themselves ‘Rooinga’ or native of Arakan…).
- Broadcasting from radio program in the Rohingya language was relayed three times a week from the indigenous language programme of the official Burma Broadcasting Service in Rangoon, from 15 May 1961 to 30 October 1965.
- Myanma EncyclopediaVol.9, page 89-90, published in 1964, concludes that population of 500,000 living in Mayu Frontier of Northern Arakan State 75% is Rohingya.
- “The majority people live in Buthidaung, Maungdaw and Rathedaung Townships are ethnic Rohingya and the minorities are Rakhine, Daingnet, Mro and Khami” wrote in Tatmataw Khit Yay journal Vol.12, No.6 printed on 18 July 1961 and Vol. 12, No.9 printed on 8 August 1961.
According to the Genocide Watch, D-E-N-I-A-L is the final stage that lasts throughout and always follows genocide. Accordingly, fabricating the truly existence of the ancient ethnical term Rohingya as designation Rohingya by Burmese genocidaires and theirs paid agents like Derek Tonkin witnesses that all perpetrated genocide.
Based on the writings of Derek Tonkin mentioned above, it was found that Derek Tonkin is a guilty two major crimes:
- defamation against the head of Islamic world Saudi Arabia and its brotherhood Bahrain and the honourable Bahraini MP Ms Hejres;
- Fabricating of history of Arakan that leads to genocide or Rohingya-cide against Rohingya from Arakan, the western Burma/Myanmar.
In order to bring a sustainable extermination against paid agents which work for creating tensions amongst Islamic world and its brotherhoods and its non-Islamic allies aiming at destruction of divine unity of Muslim Ummah, the head of Islamic world Saudi Arabia and its brotherhoods including Bahrain and its non-Islamic allies should take all necessary measurements against Burmese government and its paid agent Derek Tonkin.
*Note: This article was written by Ibrahim Shah, a voluntary writer of Burma Times, who has been closely observing the satanic comments of the Editor of Network Myanmar Derek Tonkin since 2012.
He can be contacted at: @ibrmshah