Burma Times: 03 April 2015
BEIJING (AP) — China’s Foreign Ministry says Burma (Myanmar) has apologized for a cross-border bombing last month in which four Chinese farmers were killed.
A statement on the ministry’s website says Burma Foreign Minister U Wunna Maung Lwin expressed regret over the incident in a meeting in Beijing on Thursday.
It says Burma accepted the findings of a joint investigation into the March 13 bombing and will discuss compensation for the victims.
Burma originally rejected China’s claim that one of its planes dropped a bomb that caused the deaths. The incident came during an upsurge in fighting between Burma government soldiers and ethnic Kokang rebels in Burma’s northeast near the border with China.
Burma presidential spokesman Ye Htut confirmed the Beijing meeting but declined to comment on the Chinese statement.