It’s has been reported that BGP have again started their usual practice of extorting money from the Rohingya poor fishermen in Maungdaw township.
On November 30th , Captain the commander of the camp BGP in ‘Maung Ni’ village in Maungdaw along with his shared partner, the BGP commander of the camp in ‘3 miles’ summoned the poor fishermen of the village and extorted a great deal a amount of money kyat 150,000 per a fishing boat from almost every fishermen.
The victims from Maung Ni village are as follows:
1. Haji Ayub s/o Iman Ali- kyat 300,000
2. Haji Nurban s/o Ali Hussein- kyat 300,000
3. Mv. Hafez Ahmed s/o Rashid Ahmed- Kyat 150,000
4. Sabir Ahmed s/o Abu Bakker- kyat 300,000
5. Shamshul Amin s/o Fazol- kyat 150,000
6. MD Kasim s/o Muhammedu- kyat 100,000
7. Nur Huson s/o Abulu- kyat 150,000
8. U Lalmia s/o Abduraman- kyat 300,000
The victims from the quarter 2, Maungdaw township
9. Haji Karim Ullah- kyat 150,000
10. Shaiq- kyat 150,000
According to the locals, the fishermen that earn their daily livelihood are facing extreme hardships due to the arbitrary extrotion. They now have to change their means of livelihood from fishing to a uncertain one that get them in difficult situaton for thier family survival.