3 April 2014
Burma Times: After the bloodshed that was premeditatedly triggered against Rohingya by state-backed bloodthirsty Buddhists—state designated united armed forces comprised army and police and paramilitary, radical monks from anti-Muslim movement 969, ultra-nationalists, self-centered politicians, and state-trained thugs—amidst June 2012, the bloodthirsty face of Burmese genocidal quasi-civilian regime led by president Thein Sein came to light.
Gradually, the most unimaginable genocidal strategies of the Burmese quasi-civilian regime is not decreased even one inch, but, the systematic persecution against Rohingya is occurring with a vast momentum that is out of imagination of world body.
The contribution of such abundant funds to such a criminal regime of Burma without demand of accountability for their committed crimes against humanity or Rohingya is only the incitement of international community to Burmese genocidal regime to more commit genocide against Rohingya.
Thus, we, Rohingya Student Union(RSU) demand as below from the key donors of the Myanmar census 2014 UNFPA, DFID
- To put back the lifted sanctions on Burma and call for an end to genocidal law “official Ban on the term Rohingya for Myanmar census 2014” and to re-conduct the census in western Burma according to the commitment between Burmese regime and UNFPA in Naypyitaw.
- Since the intention of President TheinSein is too evident that he will by any means implement the long dream of successive military rulers to deport Rohingya into any third country, to issue an ultimatum as “President TheinSein must immediately declare the full-fledged citizenship rights of Rohingya ensuring the life security of Rohingya before conclusion of Census conduct and hold accountability of the inaccurate speech of presidential spokesperson U Yee Htut and his other higher officers who repeatedly incite racism against Rohingya and other ethnic minorities”.
- To re-conduct the census from Rohingya respondents according to the prescribed Burma census law 2014 and to allow Rohingya enumerators since it is too significantly important to save the Rohingya respondents from tricky policy of government designated enumerators.
- To immediately postpone the census if Burmese regime does not act according to its commitment where it is prescribed it will allowRohingya to self-identify as Rohingya in the census as well as Rohingya enumerators to conduct the census. The intention of Burmese regime is too dangerous that it will arrest many Rohingya by false allegation as illegal immigrants after conclusion of Census since the government designated enumerators deceptively to enlist Rohingya as Bengali which is ordered to the enumerators to strictly follow from higher administration.
- To retrieve the fund provided by UNFPA, DFID and other donors since the fund is a sharpest long knife which will be used to kill more Rohingya after census conclusion and to take necessary measurements to be allowed aid workers again who are expelled for census only. To immediately send UN peace troops in western Burma to save the Rohingyafrom assault of state-backed armed forces and Rakhine extremists, and to give back Rohingya nationality to Rohingya unconditionally.
Rohingya Student union
2361 Lombard Street.San Francisco,CA,94123,USA.