Carlow, Ireland: Thanks to Al-mighty Allah, the 3rd general election of the ERC was successfully held on November 28, 2016 in Woodford Dolmen Hotel, Carlow, Ireland. The aims of the election were to elect the new council members from each of the European Countries and new executive body for the next two years. Rohingya delegates from different European countries participated and shared their views and ideas for the ultimate interest of Rohingya around the world.
After announcing the agenda and procedures of the election, the responsible members from the previous executive body and previous council members presented their activities in the past two years. The ERC treasury presented the details of ERC’s bank account for the past two years.
After dissolving the previous council member team and executive body, the General Assembly eunamimously selects an independent external observer Prof. Dr. Abid Bahar, Canada to observe the election process. Then, new members of the ERC were welcomed. The new members from each country elected at least one new council member. A Board of Trustee was added into the existing structure. As par constitution, the new council members elected the executive body consisting of chairman, vice-chairman, and general secretary. The elected executive body, then, formed the teams of media & information, Research & Training, and the Treasury.
The election result was finally pronounced successfully and the authority was handed over to the new elected body, which will run day-to-day activities with utmost honesty, integrity and transparency for a period of two years.
Detail result of the election
Board of Trustee
- Khairul Amin (Chairman of the Board of Trustee)
- U Hla Tin
- Mohamed Ibrahim
- U Hla Maung
- Chairman Dr. Hla Kyaw (Khubyb)
- Vice-Chairman Dr. Ambia Perveen
- General Secretary Dr.Haikal Mansoor
- Spokesperson Dr.Anita Schug
- Treasury Ata Bu Raman and Haroon Yousuf
- Media & Information Mohammed Rofiq, Haroon Yousuf, Zahedul Haque and Dr. Haikal
7. Training & Research Mohammed Siddique, Dr. Hla Kyaw, Dr. Ambia Perveen, Dr. Haikal and Dr. Anita Schug
- Switzerland Dr. Anita Schug
- Netherland Dr. Hla Kyaw and Khairul Boshor
- Ireland Dr.Haikal Mansoor and Mohammed Rofiq
- Denmark Khairoon Nissa
- Belgium Mohammad Haroon
- Norway Imran Ali
- United Kingdom Mohammed Siddique and Noorul Huda
- Germany Hussain Azmi
- France Haro0n Yousuf
- Sweden Abul Khalam
- Austria Mohammed Shahid
For more information:
Dr. Haikal Mansor