This statement is a voice from Rohingya Organizations and Communities residing in different countries. Logos are presented in this statement to prove our solidarity, we urge all the embassies and Inter-Governmental Organizations to accelerate their international obligations and act according the UN Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, As per Article 3 and Article 4 the genocidal acts shall be punishable, Peacekeeping Operation either Humanitarian Intervention under the Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations.
Rohingya are the native of Arakan state. Arakan was invaded by Burma in 1784, and then in 1948 Arakan become part of newly independent Burma. During the period Rohingya was recognized as one of the indigenous of the soil and fought for the freedom of Burma. Moreover, Rohingya enjoyed equal rights under the law of Burma and live peacefully until military General Ne Win coup the presidency and mobilized Burmanization, which had resulted violence against Rohingya such as by raping Rohingya women, exterminating and confiscating our lands. Furthermore, they formed a new agenda to clean Rohingya from Arakan; therefore, the Government of Burma have changed the name of the state as Rakhine state in 1973. Afterwards, Arakan become state of the Socialist Republic of the Union of Burma, designated as the homeland of Rakhine people.
The Government of Burma success to divide Rakhine and Rohingya, to carry their agenda of ethnic cleansing. Flowingly, inexorable persecution and felonious homicides continuous without end. They have been expanding their agenda to Genocide Rohingya, continuing without any fear to the International Law or International Justice systems. Moreover, due to the crimes they have implemented since 1962, about 2 millions of Rohingya already become refugees and more than 98% of them remaining without resettlement and living without basic rights in many countries. Therefore, Rohingya Communities around the world urge the United Nations and all the Inter-Governmental Organizations to review all the following major crimes have been carried on since then:
1. Operation Naga Min launched in 1978 which resulted above 250,000 Rohingya fled to Bangladesh from Arakan, due to wide spread massacres, tortures and widespread rapes.
2. Rohingya citizenship denied since 1982 as the Burmese nationality law was enacted even though Rohingya already recognized as Indigenous and eligible citizens. The freedom of Rohingya movement continuously on restrictions. We are also subjected to various forms of extortion and arbitrary taxation; land confiscation, forced eviction and house destruction.
3. In 1991, they launched operation called Pyi Thaya means “Operation Clean and Beautiful Nation”, with the same purpose. Approximately 200,000 fled from the Arakan due to the massive destructions, raping, restrictions and physical torture.
- In 1994, the citizenship of total population of Rohingya were confiscated and replaced with White Cards (Temporary Residency).5. In 2005, Rohingya were restricted to born more than two child and some were restricted to marry.
6. In 2006, Rohingya were restricted to use mobile and imprisoned the users, flowingly, this restrictions still continues.
7. In 2009, a senior Burmese envoy to Hong Kong branded Rohingya “Ugly as Ogre” and people that alien to Burma.
8. Since 2012, approximately 140,000 Rohingya detained in the IDP camps after the systematic violence conducted by the Rakhine and Government. Consequently, above 100,000 of Rohingya fled from Burma. Many mosque were exterminated and remaining mosque still locked. Exact number of people killed are still unknown as no investigations implemented by Inter-Governmental Organizations or United Nations.
9. In 2012, satellite images obtained by Human Rights Watch from just 5 to 13 township that experience 4,862 zones of destructions covering 348 acres of mostly Rohingya Muslim-owned residential property.
- In 2013, Burma anti-Muslim riots were a series of conflict in various cities throughout central and eastern Burma. Primarily in Meikthila, a large mob formed and began to destroy many Muslim shops and mosques. Rohingya were also targeted in Arakan state and many killed by false medicine given by doctors.
- In 2014 census Burma breach the agreement with donors (countries) to accept Rohingya and conducted major crimes by giving poison instead of medicines to the Rohingya patient. Massacred Rohingya in Kiladoung and conducted widespread rape because Rohingya denied to accepting themselves as Bengali. Moreover, many pregnant women and children were also targeted and killed during the year.12. In 2015 Rohingya politicians are banned to stand for the election. In this case we predict the future of Rohingya seems to be more dangerous in Burma as National League for Democracy (NLD) and Union Solidarity and Development Party (USDP) reject Rohingya citizenship rights and basic rights to vote and stand as a political candidate for election.
To conclude our demand, we believe the Government already traverses 8 stages of Genocide on Rohingya due to Classification, Symbolization, Dehumanization, Organization, Polarization, Preparation, Extermination and Denial. It is transparency that the Burma Government failed to bring perpetrators of human rights violations to justice and, as such, it constitutes a denial of the Rohingya rights to justice and readdress.
For more information and concerned please contact the organizations through email:
- BRAJ (JAPAN) : Brajtokyo1994@gmail.com
- RFA (LONDON) : Info@Rohingya-Federation.com
- BRAD (GERMANY) : Ibrahimdobashi@gmail.com
- RYF (KSA) : Mustafajoy@yahoo.com
- RPA (PAKISTAN) : Inforpa2013@gmail.com
- ABRO: (AUSTRALIA) : Abro.email@example.com
- AMC (SAUDI) : Amcarakan@gmail.com
- MEHROM(MALAYSIA) : Rights4Rohingyas@gmail.com
- RYU (INDIA) : firstname.lastname@example.org
- RSAIT (THAILAND) : Societyinthailand@yahoo.com
- RCI (IRELAND) :Rafiqrohingya@gmail.com
- WRO: (USA) : Wro.email@example.com
- MRC (SAUDI) : Gulfoud@gmail.com
- ABRA (AUSTRALIA) : Sayadkasim@yahoo.com
- RSU (USA) : Maungnu@firstname.lastname@example.org
- RMWA (KSA) : Hattanadvertising@gmail.com
- BRAOUK (UK) : Hameedalmiraj@yahoo.com
- MRRCJ&KS (INDIA) : Hlamyint1969@gmail.com
- AHAF (INT) (PAKISTAN) : Hrsep.email@example.com
- IRT (KSA) : Imranabdullah2000@gmail.com
- ROHINGYA FOUNDATION, PAKISTAN : Rohingya_foundation@hotmail.com